Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package low calorie chocolate cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the dark and light chocolate cake mix. Add the eggs and oil, mix until well blended. Roll dough into 2 inch balls, and place them onto the prepared cookie sheet. Flatten the balls slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until firm. Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
- To make the filling, beat the cream cheese and confectioner' sugar together until smooth. Spread between two cooled cookies.
- Use Ice Cream to fill instead of cream freeze for 1 hour serve immediately from the freezer.