What better way to continue to celebrate fall!
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Butter or grease one 8x8 inch pan.
- In a 3 quart saucepan, mix together sugar, milk, corn syrup, pumpkin and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium and continue boiling. Do not stir.
- When mixture registers 232 degrees F (110 degrees C) on candy thermometer, or forms a soft ball when dropped into cold water, remove pan from heat. Stir in pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, butter and nuts. Cool to lukewarm (110 degrees F or 43 degrees C on candy thermometer).
- Beat mixture until it is very thick and loses some of its gloss. Quickly pour into a greased eight-inch pan. When firm cut into 36 squares.