Homestyle Country Sausage Gravy
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 1 lb pork sauages fried and crumbled and set aside
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Whisk in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until browned, about 10 minutes. Gradually stir in milk so that no lumps form, and continue cooking and stirring until thickened. If the gravy becomes too thick, you may thin it with a little more milk.
- Add your crumbled sausage and serve hot over your favorite homemade biscuits or country fried chicken or steak!