1 loaf Italian or french bread cut into 12 quarter inch slices
1 8 ounce package cream cheese, ( I let cream cheese sit out for 10 minutes to soften then I whip with a mixer with a quarter cup chopped pecans and a quarter cup maple syrup, refrigerate cream cheese over night.)
2 cups of milk ( i like to use buttermilk)
1 tsp vanilla
dash of cinnamon
1. Slice bread, spread cream cheese between 2 slices
2. Mix eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in seperate bowl, set aside
3. Preheat griddle
4. Use a generouse amount of butter on griddle and dip french toast and cook on both sides until golden brown. Keep warm in oven set at 200 degrees.
Banana Foster topping
half stick butter
half cup brown sugar (adjust to taste, more or less)
1. Melt butter and brown sugar in fry pan , add cinnamon
2. Peel and slice bananas and add to butter mixture, you can add a little half and half to make more syrup. ( you can cheat by buying banana syrup in grocery store and adding to butter mixture)
3. Cook until bananas just start to soften
4. Spoon on top of french toast and enjoy.