- 4 slice(s) (1-inch thick) brioche
- 3 tablespoon(s) unsalted, butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 4 jumbo eggs
- Set the broiler to low. Punch out a 2 1/2-inch hole from the center of each bread slice. Stir the melted butter, salt, and pepper together and brush the mixture on both sides of the bread slices and cutouts, including the inside of the hole.
- Toast the slices and cutouts of bread on a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat until golden. Flip the bread and crack an egg into each hole.
- Cover and cook until egg sets -- 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Place the skillet under broiler just until the white is fully cooked. Serve immediately.