Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows Topping
With all the Holidays coming up look for a few of our favorite recipes to add to your already favorite dishes!
Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallow Topping
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven, and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes or until very tender. Drain; cool slightly.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add sugar and next 3 ingredients (through vanilla). Mash sweet potato mixture with a potato masher. Fold in 1/4 cup pecans. Scrape potato mixture into an even layer in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup pecans; top with marshmallows. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until golden.
Post a Comment