- 1 (9x9 inch) pan cornbread, cooled and crumbled
- 4 cups herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter one 3 quart casserole dish.
- In a large bowl combine the corn bread, stuffing mix, parsley, salt and ginger.
- In a heavy saucepan melt the butter and saute; the celery and onion for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Add this to the cornbread mixture and mix well. Stir in the chopped apple, chopped pecans, apple juice and beaten eggs. Toss lightly. Spoon dressing into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.