Pumpkin Maple Pie Supreme
- 1 small sugar pumpkin
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup real maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
- Cut up pumpkin, and remove seeds. Place in large baking pan, and cover with foil or lid. Bake for 1 hour, or until very tender. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Scrape pumpkin into a food processor; puree until smooth. Measure 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and salt. Stir in maple syrup, half-and-half, and flour. Mix in eggs one at a time. Pour filling into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until center is set.