Santas Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (11 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1 (1.4 ounce) bar chocolate covered English toffee, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, halved
- Beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar in large bowl until well blended; stir in corn syrup, egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add this dry mixture to butter mixture. Blend well. Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll each ball in sugar mixture and arrange on a cookie sheet. Using your thumb, make an indentation in center of each cookie.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 7 to 8 minutes or until just set.
- Remove the cookies from the oven. If the indentation has grown indistinct, use the top of a spoon and press indentation in further. Immediately place 1 teaspoon white chips into each indentation. After several minutes, swirl the melted chips with a spoon. Top with toffee bits and maraschino cherry halves (if desired). Cool cookies on a wire rack.